Insurance is not sexy.
Insurance is not fun. Insurance is most commonly referred to as a “necessary evil.” My family has been in the insurance industry for four generations. Our agency has been around for 40 years, and we have heard it all. You know what we have never heard, “I love insurance!” Well, we have heard that from people at insurance conventions, but this is usually met with a big eye roll from us. Over the years our customers have had claims paid out that have saved their businesses, their farms, their houses, and their households. Insurance, when handled properly really does deliver when needed most. That is typically where your agent comes in. Someone to help guide you, and educate you on what’s what.
Having said that – cue Larry David – people still despise, loath, even hate Insurance Companies. It is hard for people to wrap their minds around the fact that Insurance Companies are businesses, and businesses are in it to win it aka make money. This post is not to discuss the intricacies of capitalism and large corporate illuminati 🙂 This post is to highlight one of our Insurance Companies we have been partners with for decades.
Safeco Insurance. Take a look at what Safeco just emailed us total during the COVID-19 outbreak:
Taking care of our customers, employees and agents is a top priority for Safeco. We recognize the uncertainty and financial challenges many of our joint customers are facing as the nation bands together to slow the spread of the coronavirus. To help Safeco customers, we have taken the following actions:
Personal Auto Customer Relief Refund
Fewer drivers are on the road, which means fewer accidents. With this in mind, we are announcing our Personal Auto Customer Relief Refund, which will return approximately $250 million to our Liberty Mutual personal lines and Safeco auto customers. Here’s how it works:
- Personal auto insurance customers will receive a 15% refund of two months of their annual auto premium as of April 7, 2020, pending regulatory approval.
- The refunds will begin in April and will be issued either by check or in the manner the customer made their most recent payment.
- The payments will happen automatically. Customers do not need to call Safeco to receive the refund.
Payment flexibility options
- Late fee charges have been automatically stopped and cancellations due to non-payment have been temporarily paused for personal auto and home customers from March 23 through at least May 22, 2020.
- We continue to work with individual customers to extend payment dates if needed and provide personalized support.
Delivery coverage expansion for auto policies
- All personal auto policies have been expanded to cover customers who use their personal vehicles to deliver food and medicine. Standard Safeco personal auto policies typically exclude such coverage.
- This additional protection is in effect for all personal auto policies in all states for losses occurring from March 16 to May 22, 2020, and reported by July 1, 2020.
For more information on all of the information above, customers can visit www.Safeco.com/Covid-19.
The well-being and support of our customers, agents and employees remains our primary concern during this critical time. I really appreciate the work you are doing to support our shared customers, and I thank you for your continued partnership****
Bravo Safeco! We are proud to represent a company that is trying to do something to help out its customers.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out. Stay safe, stay healthy, and stay home if possible!
— 4.8.2020 edit —
Link to Safeco’s official statement
***Please note – the above email sent out mentioned that any refunds are subject to regulatory approval and may vary from State to State. One can only hope all goes through as spelled out above.